Friday, May 6, 2011

An Elbertan Easter

Playing with bubbles. They are so fascinating, aren't they?






A certain scene from Cast Away comes to mind.... "I have made fire!!!!"


Camping was super fun. It would be nice to have our own trailer but it's still so fun to go out with my family. Me and Ty went on a hike up to a mine and didn't have the courage to even get 4 feet in front of it. They are creepy. We hiked up a hill that overlooked our camp. Roasted hot dogs, sat by the campfire, played frisbee, went on a drive and found some cool old mining/factory building on the side of the mountain. We tried writing our names in the air with our butts and we shot our guns. I tried to capture the guys shooting and hitting the clay pigeons but I wasn't good enough. You can kind of see in the picture of Brayden shooting, the clay pigeon is disintegrating. We celebrated Easter by having an in-trailer Easter egg hunt (it was too cold to do it outside). Just a short trip but well worth it!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Cool! I'm impressed by the clay pigeon shooting and being able to write things with your bum in the air. :)

Brynlee is getting so big. She's so cute! I'm sad that I missed you at that ward activity. But I needed some "Sarah Time" so Jeremiah took Peter and I stayed home with Jonathan.

Val said...

Looks like fun. I don't blame you about not wanting to get close to the mine. They are a bit creepy.