Monday, August 31, 2020

August

Oh the days of Summer!
YW Girls Camp was a stay home and do camp stuff kind of year. S'mores, a walk around the neighborhood game, doing hair, making felt monsters, which I made one for Ty to complete our set so we each have one. His is blue with a cute bowtie. He was thrilled I gave it to him haha! One activity was tie dying shirts and we also did a painting activity as well. Mine didn't turn out so great but I sat next to Kara Harpole and we had a good time laughing at each other. It was fun to hang out with the girls as much as I could. I had work on Friday and High on Saturday morning so I wasn't able to spend all the time there that I wanted but it's ok. 
Didn't snag a picture but I hung out with Steph one day. Yeah we actually did a grown up thing and went and got pedicures and lunch. Just to catch up and act like a grown woman and be with friends is a huge thing for me. Keeps me happy. 
Fun cotton candy at a neighbors house. Brynlee got an owl, Kam got a bunny and mine is a pineapple. So yummy and we sat outside in our front yard and gobbled them up, leaving us all with sticky hands and mouths. 
First game of the season and we won!! Brynlee seriously looks so grown up in her uniform and hair all done up with that elastic hair band. It is so fun watching her play and get all fired up. 
It's a common thing to eat breakfast on the deck these days. It's like our little slice of heaven out there. 
I went kickboxing at 9Round with Britt and it was so dang fun. My hands and arms shook for 2 solid days from muscle fatigue or adrenaline let down. I'm not sure but I am so sore after every time I go now. Also, I think I'm a happier person since I get to punch and kick things too. 
Sleepovers with Mc at Mimi and Papa's and then a pool party with Brianna and Kam to end the summer. 
    
   

Yin Wellness Foundation. We did a High class with all the High Instructors at YIN to fundraise for them since they were struggling because of COVID. We had a raffle and silent auction. Such a huge turnout and a lot of people got some cool stuff. I got a massage, lashes and teeth whitening from the silent auction. 
   

Sundays usually look like this. Napping after all our church meetings are over. 
Project Dance crew still going strong. 
 

Yuba Lake
This was an awesome little trip we took with just the three of us. We love traveling with family but it's equally as important for us to get out and do things on our own. We pulled in on Thursday and felt like we basically had the place to ourselves. While we had the peace and quiet for about 1 1/2 days, it wasn't long enough, because the crowd showed up Friday evening and we felt like everyone was on top of each other. While it lasted, though, the beach being empty was great because we would walk in the sand searching for shells for quite a distance and not run in to anyone. There wasn't a ton to do but we played in the water, fished, sat around, built a sand village, played games, watched a movie or two, hiked around a bit, smashed and electrocuted tons of bugs (it was really buggy), and Brynlee practiced french braiding my hair. Brynlee found a rock that looked like it had a face on it. Ty and Brynlee spent a good amount of time throwing rocks in to the water. Not sure I understand that fascination but I was happy to take videos and slo mos. Didn't catch any fish but we collected lots of seashells and bug guts. Couldn't have a fire but we still enjoyed good food. The neighbors were loud and obnoxious but we still enjoyed each others company. Getting out with just the three of us is so good for our little family. It almost forces us to be closer haha! I love that we have a system for cleaning up when we get home. I shove everything out the door, Ty and Brynlee bring it all inside while I wipe down the trailer and clean it so it's ready to go for next time. This time in particular took me forever to clean because there were so many bug guts smooshed on the ceiling and walls of the trailer. I literally wiped almost every single surface down. 
  
  
 
 
     
  
  
    
   

BIRTHDAY FUN!
Let the full week of celebrating birthdays and the beginning of school, commence! Love that we have a house big enough to have everyone over for a party. All the adults trying to be cool. Can you stand up straight with one foot placed against the wall? Yeah, we can't either. 
Brynlee was so startled when she opened her door and balloons fell in her room and she had to break through the streamers. I think it made her feel special. Kam came over and they hung out which is probably one of the best ways to end the summer break anyway. They have matching stuffed animals. Kams is named Mushroom and Brynlee's is Onion. We took treats to soccer practice that night and her team sang happy birthday in a different language to a couple girls that had birthdays. 
Dad wanted to go to Top Golf for his birthday so we did just that. Brynlee loved it. It's definitely the best type of golf for me since I don't have to feel stupid chasing a golf ball around. Of course, Ty was in golf heaven. Everyone went in on a tiller for Ty's birthday and that's all he wanted so it was perfect. Michael sent him a surprise birthday gift of golf balls with his face on them. So funny! Birthday dinner at Olive Garden. I love celebrating these two and am so happy they are mine. 
    
 
  
  
  
 
     
  

School was supposed to start on the 17th of August but didn't because of COVID. It didn't start until August 25th. Lucky kid, didn't have to go to school on her birthday. That will probably never happen again so I told her to soak it up. 5th grade. How did this happen? Her teacher is Mrs. Wilding and she seems awesome. The picture of Brynlee dressed in all black is to immortalize what she wears to school most days. All black. Leggings. Black sweatshirt. And, of course, Toby waiting for her at the door to come home from school. 
        
  

Once a month the YW have their activity on Wednesday and I offered to do it at my house since I never get to go. We did a favorite/foreign/easy recipe type deal. Almost everyone brought food. Some interesting stuff but most of it was so good. Oat milk was different, GF cookies, waffle cookies, caprese salad, crepes/German pancakes, etc. Good stuff. I was stuffed. 
Went to lunch with Tisha and Britt to Zao Asian Cafe (or something like that). Didn't care for the food but loved the company. 
One night for High Fitness I came up with a themed playlist that I'm pretty proud of. I called it the World Tour playlist and each song mentioned a place around the world. So since nobody can travel because of COVID I thought that would be so fun. And it was! 
This month we also did the annual BBQ with our circle neighbors. Our new neighbors that moved in to the Cutright's didn't come but hopefully next year they'll join us. We might not talk to our neighbors much but if we needed anything I feel like we could ask. Well, I actually did earlier on this year during quarantine I ran out of ketchup and so did the Hales so I asked the Eatchels and they had some hallelujah. Can't make homemade sloppy joes with out ketchup!

No comments: