Tuesday, January 31, 2017

*~* 2017 *~*

 

This year.... oh gosh.
What is there to really say.... life is changing, with or without us saying it's ok to do so. Might as well jump on the bandwagon and roll with it. 
It's the beginning of a new way of life. A part of our story finished and now it's time to start a new one. It sounds a little backward but it's difficult to even put into words how much I have been looking forward to this year, especially since we found out we wouldn't be having any more babies. It has been rough, tough and full of sadness but this year.... this year is going to be full of change and different things we didn't expect. 
It's already started. 
We set goals, made plans and are working towards new things and I am genuinely excited! 
Truly I am still mourning the loss of the life we had hoped for but accepting that for what it is I am also accepting the new opportunities that have been laid before us. 

January is the crappiest month of the year. Yes, it's true. Unless you have a birthday, anniversary or whatever, there's nothing really great about it. However, if I had to say something was good it would be that putting all the Christmas stuff away and cleaning up the holiday messes makes for a fresh and uncluttered start to the year. That's all I got though. Not much else can be said that's great about it. The ugly weather, toxic air (like Ty has had a cough for weeks) and lack of sunshine just get to me every year. 
So.... we bought tickets to fly out of the country for the first time EVER in our grown up/married lives!
Ty and I are going to Costa Rica for one of my dearest friends wedding. It gave me tons of anxiety to buy those tickets but I stand by the saying that if something scares you and pushes you from your comfort zone then it's probably good for you. 
Also, we bought a new truck. Ty has been patiently waiting for a long time. His new baby barely fits in the driveway but it still fits. It's a 2013 F-150 (5.7 V8) Platinum. 31,000 miles on it with lots of bells and whistles. Honestly, it's a real grown up vehicle and I don't feel adulty enough to even say it's ours. Alas, it is ours and it was really cute to see Ty's sentimental side come out when we were saying goodbye to the Dakota. That was his first real truck and it was with us through a lot of things. Moving into our home and helping other people move, vacations to the Gorge, Colorado, Fairview, Girls Camps, we pulled Dads trailer home when Dad got in a bad accident, baby fundraisers, couple of flat tires, we put the tow package on it, Christmas presents and holiday outings, outdoor soccer games, that truck saw a lot of construction materials for house renovations and building the playhouse/deck out back, lots of plants and flowers came home in that truck and much more. It was the first vehicle we purchased together, our first BIG purchase actually and I remember feeling like we were signing our lives away. 
  
New picture soon to come!

We kind of joke that the truck is Ty's post surrogacy therapy and Costa Rica is my post surrogacy therapy. He can't help but smile when he drives it or we talk about it. 

Other random things we did in January: 
Brynlee's show and teach at school, bowling with the Lawrence family in lieu of Solider Hollow tubing because of the weather, Ty has played some church basketball and it's super fun to watch him. Found out my friend Steph is having twins and the tears froze to my face because I was outside shoveling snow when she told me!! 

  
  
 
 

  
Lots of good things. All good things. 





No comments: