Wednesday, January 31, 2018

Begin again ~ 2018

Cheers to a New Year and another chance for us to get it right. - Oprah Winfrey
This year is going to be interesting for us.
The big one will be Ty getting a new job and no longer working at American Express. 
It'll be our first full year in our new home. 
Church is at 11a.m. Hallelujah! (Yes this is a big deal!)
And hoping for many opportunities to love, live, grow and learn. 

Silly humans. I love them. 

President Monson passed away on January 2nd. Bittersweet but I love our new prophet already. I found out he had passed away during the same time I was trying to help Crystal get home after rolling her ankle pretty bad teaching class that night. 
President Russell M. Nelson, 1st Counselor Dallin H Oaks and 2nd Counselor Henry B. Eyring. These men will do great things for the church. 

Before going back to school I stayed up to do my puzzle really late and Brynlee wanted to stay up with me. Well she lasted until about 11:00 pm and then zonked. Glad she likes to hang out with me. Toby snuggled right in too. 

 
Finished product. This puzzle took me forever. It's the biggest one I've done on my own and it was worth every second! It tore up my heart to take it apart and put it back in the box so I think I'll do it one more time then glue it and hang it up on the wall. 

Just some fun High Fitness pics to document that I really do love it and teach it. We did a glow party for Crystals 1 year anniversary teaching and it was super fun. I forgot the speaker and Ty had to bring it to me that night. I felt like an idiot! 
  

Lunch with Grandma Cookie and Grandpa Donut and the Williamsons then off to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter/Diagon Alley thing at South Town Mall. I wore a white and gray striped shirt and the dude asked me if I had just escaped Azkaban. Good laugh. Train ride to end the outing. 

 

We started painting our front room and the house was such a mess but it turned out so nice! I love it. It was a Saturday and we were planning to finish it after I got back from High Fitness that morning but I canceled class (I was teaching solo) because of the weather. Unbeknownst to me, there was a crazy man with a gun on the loose around the Riverton, Herriman border and they had Herriman under a soft shelter in place. He had shot a civilian and a police officer. We had the Cutright kids come over because Brandy was in Cali and Jake was called out to deal with containment. We listened to the police scanner all morning. It was insane. They even closed down the roads getting into Herriman so I wouldn't have been able to get home after class if I would've left.  

 

 

 Ice Castles with the Lawrence crew. It was so neat. However, Miss Brynlee Jade, in all her distractedness, remembered when we got to dinner, before going up the snowy canyon, that she forgot her coat. Ugh! You've got to be kidding me!?! Nope, rushed into Ross to see if I could find one, they literally had one coat (in the boys and the girls sections) and it was a size 5! She is dang lucky she is small because it barely fit her and we were able to enjoy the evening and not freeze. Plus it was a crazy drive up the canyon because it was snowing pretty good. Ty wasn't thrilled to be driving in it but he loosened up once we got there. 

 



 

This guy got glasses! So strange but he looks good in them and it's helping with his headaches already. I won't forget to mention we drove to three different stores trying to find the right pair of glasses. He doesn't have to wear them all the time if he doesn't want to, just mainly for looking at a screen. 


Family Fun night at school. We didn't get to stay as long as Brynlee would've liked but it was still fun to go. 
 

Funny story:
We have our same group of kids in Primary (hooray!) and I was teaching a lesson about the Plan of Salvation and at the part where you talk about death I quoted Grug from the Croods and slapped the chalkboard and said (maybe a bit too loudly) "Die!". I lost my class after that. They could not stop laughing. It was probably the funniest thing ever and I'm pretty proud of myself. 

Miss Kylie Crosby came home from her mission and I loved hearing her speak at her homecoming! She is lovely and it was so good to see her. I love going back to our old ward and feeling the love and friendships we have there. That ward was home for so long and it was our first one. I love our new ward and know it will take time but I'm hoping I can feel that again here. 

Grandpa Brown had open heart surgery this month. Eek, it was intense and his recovery was a little rocky since they had to shock his heart a couple times. 

This is shocking but I planned a Magna girls night at my house. I don't plan parties but I missed them all so much. I was sad more people couldn't make it but I was so happy to play Cover Your Assets and just chat with the ones I got to see! Love them all so much. 



No comments: