Last game of her Rec career. There is a new comp club called SLC FC starting in the south end of the valley and they were walking around recruiting girls to come to a training and see if they wanted join. We went to the training and Brynlee was really nervous. She didn't know anyone and hadn't played a whole lot of soccer tbh. They formed a U12 team which meant she would be playing up a year. We knew it would be tough and we had several conversations with all three of us about letting Brynlee make the decision if she wanted to do this or not because it's expensive and it's a lot more time and effort involved. We told her if she decided to do this it was all on her. We would support her and do our part but she couldn't complain about going to practice and she would put her best effort into it. Ultimately she said she wanted to get better at soccer so she wanted to do it. We were thrilled. Then we saw the bill haha and were just a smidge less thrilled but still excited for this new journey.
12 years for me and Ty. We have been married for 12 years. Ha. We're old. We ate and walked around Gardner Village while Brynlee was at the Herriman Rodeo with the Cutright's is all this year. Nothing crazy, just spent time together.
When school gets out, it's nice to know Brynlee has somewhere to stay with family while I work. She enjoys loving on her cousins too. What's funny is that these babies are pretty much half her size. Hogle Zoo and feeding the giraffes. Pretty cool experience.
I spent my day off cleaning out this ridiculously gross square of dirt in our back yard. I moved rail road ties, weeded, piled up rocks and tired myself out pretty good. Love our new patio furniture too! I literally have taken naps out there and just enjoyed the warmth and coziness of it all. We found the umbrella at At Home but had to cut it down to fit under the pergola. Ultimately it would be nice to just cover the deck entirely. Especially since painting that thing is a huge undertaking and sucks big time.
For Leila's birthday they hired a magician. It was fun to watch and really cool to see the kids be so entertained. Pretty sure they got a balloon to go all the way across the pasture and hit G and G's house with that sling shot.
Herriman Rodeo with the Cutrights. Once again you both ended up freezing your tushes off. They ate so much junk food, Brandy broke two umbrellas, saw Dad's cousin Blake in the rodeo too and had a great time hanging out with Kam. I'm pretty sure she came home with a stomach ache too!

Got to have the Williamson kiddos overnight and it makes for a lot of fun at our house. It's usually quiet so to add a few more kids makes things a lot more lively.
Jeremiah Johnson Activity Day Camp
The canoes are not Brynlee's favorite and she said her BB gun wasn't working right. I think she still had a good time though. It's weird letting her go somewhere like that without me. She's just getting so big.
Can't blog without throwing in a High Fitness post. Cause, why not?
Our beautiful peonies! I love these flowers but really wish they lasted longer.
Dillon Reunion
Ty just relaxing and soaking up some sun, waiting for our turn to play volleyball. We just went up for the day and spent most of the day there. The day before was WesTech Lagoon day. I didn't take any pictures but the Cannibal was the favorite by far. Swig drinks and cookies, seeing my cousin Ali Wright, and just spending time together. Party all weekend.
Randoms:
Brynlee made her first cake at Maga's. She made extra for me because she knows I like to eat plain frosting. Yum! Toby's man bun! Isn't he adorable? Brynlee's first attempt at doing the dishes all by herself. Definitely had to rearrange and use it as a teaching moment. Not sure who had the idea, Brynlee or Kambria, but they filled up rubbermaids with warm water, got their swim suits on and decided to 'hot tub' in the Cutright's basement. It got their brand new carpet all wet and Brandy was livid. So was I. Like come on.

I forgot to post a picture of our cute little trailer in it's cozy little parking spot we made for it.
Father's Day. Is there a better way to prove how awesome of a dad your are than to have to fix a clogged sink on actual Father's Day? I think not. He is the best. I love him. Brynlee loves him. With all of his teasing, scare tactics, weird noises, funny voices, mad sports skills, and dry dad jokes. He is simply our rock, keeps our family on an even playing field and loves us unconditionally. Even if we are two crazy girls, he still loves us without a doubt. Brynlee and I gave him a pickelball set for Father's Day and he is SOO excited to put it to good use!
A day I won't forget. Getting a call from Mark telling me Tisha is sick and I should check on her if I can because he is in Park City at a work conference. I was at KNS for work that day but I texted her and she said Mom was coming to get her and the kids because she felt like death. Um. Tisha doesn't do that. She doesn't ask for help she just gets crap done, sick or not. Something was up. I called Mom, Dad, and after they told me they took her to Instacare and hooked her up to oxygen and told her to go to the ER I was packed up and leaving work. Her lips were purple, she was loopy, parts of her body were going numb, she was freezing and getting chills, like, she was going to die. Mom and Britt took her to the ER where I met them. They did all kinds of tests, put her on an IV and gave her some morphine which helped calm her down and she could get some sleep. You could tell she felt great under the morphine because she was talking about Shrek. Seriously, I was just so afraid something was so wrong and feared the worst, why do we do that to ourselves? I just don't think I could live without her. They sent her home after a few hours, I made sure she had food for her family and anything she could possibly imagine to snack on or eat if she felt like it. She didn't start getting better for a few days and between puking and all the other fun bodily functions probably lost a gazillion pounds cause she couldn't keep anything in her body. I told her she wasn't allowed to die, EVER. Not unless I go first. That is a scary moment I don't care to ever relive.
Summer. Hanging with family, friends, swimming, good food, chillaxin'.
The Thomas 3 went on our very first vacation with just the three of us. When this thought hit me that we had never been on a vacation just the three of us, I was astounded. Like, what? How does that happen? Brynlee is 9 years old and we haven't gone on a family vacation with just us. So off we went, in our cute little trailer that we decided to name Chip, down to Fairview for a couple days. Oh my word, it was so great to be together. We really didn't do a whole lot except hang out, sit by the fire, play games and just be together. We went in to town and bought Mimi and Papa a solar powered garden flower light and left them a little note of thanks for letting us stay on their property for our weekend getaway.
High Fitness first ever Instructor Convention was down at the Marriot Convention Center in Provo and it was so awesome. Crystal and I shared a hotel room, hung out the whole weekend learning new choreo, skills for classes about cueing, nutrition and team teaching. We met new friends, walked to dinner at the Black Sheep and had Cactus lemonade which was delightful. Listened to some awesome motivational speakers too. There was a girls night party complete with loud music, dancing, food, makeup and hair stylists and that would've been an absolute blast but I got some bad news that I lamely let ruin it for me.
Brandy texted me to tell me they decided they were going to put their house up for sale and want to build a home in the neighborhood to the north of us. It crushed me and I knew it would crush Brynlee. We were the ones being left behind. It hurt because when we moved in and we realized Brynlee had found a best friend, that was the reason we felt like we were where we were supposed to be. Then to hear that will be changing just broke my heart. This was the hardest thing Brynlee has had to go through in her short 9 years and it was rough telling her about it. She cried and said this was the worst day of her life and she wished no one would move in and that we should move because she didn't want to live here anymore if Kam didn't live next door. I cried, she bawled, Ty tried to be supportive but it was rough waters in our house for the next little while.
Taylorsville Dayzz with the Thomases.
Other things to note:
Nouata's baby blessing.
Hired a new LMT to help out with KNS. I'm a little nervous but hoping it'll be a huge blessing and keep me from being so stressed and busy. She did one day at KNS this month and it seemed to work out great. Crossing my fingers.
Since Brynlee made the decision to play comp soccer I was getting a little antsy about not knowing anyone on the team and the club was already talking about going to a tournament in just a few weeks. So I invited the team over to our house, casual, bring your own chairs and dinner, so we could meet, talk about questions, etc. Well that basically shouted out loud to the club that I wanted to be the team manager. Ugh. I was asked twice and both times I said I couldn't do it. I am so busy. No one else was stepping up to the plate though so I finally caved and had to get all trained up, like safety/concussion training, etc. Now I get to handle money, all the questions from parents, all the paperwork and planning for the team. Yay! Ugh. What am I doing? What has been cool is watching her improve leaps and bounds since starting practice with a real coach. I watched her trap the ball out of the air and was blown away. That was cool. Her passing has improved and overall knowledge of the game has improved so quickly. Still a long ways to go but we are all very excited about this.
No comments:
Post a Comment