Her Last First Day of Preschool
Daddy gave you a tender blessing the night before. We know you could handle Kindergarten but really feel this is the right thing to do. One more year of preschool will hopefully be good for our whole family.
On our way she kept saying over and over again, "I'm so excited" and then out of the nowhere she hit me with "Mom, I'm gonna miss you." When I kneeled down to give her a hug and a kiss before I left her, I was holding back tears pretty ineffectively but not wanting her to think something was wrong I really tried to hold it together.
Brynlee, you are so shy and on the flip side you are so brave when faced with new things.
Your happy, playful and loving disposition makes me so proud to be your Mama.
I want you to know that I cried on my way back to the car. As I try to put into words why, it almost doesn't make sense out loud but I think it's simply because I realize in these types of moments that the reality of time that has passed has gone so very quickly. Which makes the reality of future time seem so precious. It is, however, so fleeting and I wish I could hold on to every detail of these precious memories.
| Miss B (Brandi Barnett) |
1 comment:
those pictures are SO cute. She looks like she's got some sass to her. Love it.
Post a Comment