Apparently we were all about trying new things this month.
Starting with the first day.
I said good bye to Cold Creek. It was an easy decision to make but such a hard one to handle. I've loved the work I've done there and the impact I've been able to make on others lives who are in desperate need of support and love. However, I will forever be grateful for what I've learned and how the Cold Creek community has helped me and my family. There are wonderful people that work there that truly care for the people that come through this program. It was a privilege to work with them. I thoroughly believe I was meant to do this work for the time I was there, not only to benefit myself and the clients there, but to specifically gain the knowledge I did to help a loved one.
On that note, I do have to say that I will not miss the drive up to Kaysville and up to the Brighton Loop every week. I have almost been in some serious car wrecks up the canyon, the views were gorgeous though. Besides that, I had been feeling overwhelmed and the thought of letting them go to balance out my life and schedule were a relief to me. Even despite Tyler losing his job, I knew my income would decrease but that this was the right thing to do.
Endings are just new beginnings in disguise.
Much needed time with the sister after my last day up at Cold Creek Lodge.
We hit up the Seaquest Aquarium for fish pedicures which were so awesome! It was intense at first, it tickled, almost like bubbles from a jet in a hot tub but more intense. We made friends with a cute lady that worked there, who gave us some extra time for our pedicures since no one was scheduled after us and then she took us around the entire exhibit and shared lots of cool info with us. We got to hold these two awesome geckos named Nacho and Queso. I learned that Geckos have fibers on their feet that are so tiny they can fit between the atoms in glass which is why they can climb up glass. It made me want one really bad. After sea life we ended up at Settebello's in Station Park for some din din and gelato... mmmm.
New beginnings....
I found a dance studio to rent in Herriman (Project Dance) on Monday mornings (since my Mondays had just recently opened up because I was no longer working at Cold Creek ~ truth be told I hadn't been at Kaysville since August because they were renovating anyways). So It was perfect. We did a free launch class and had a great turn out. I was so stinkin' nervous but it was so fun! Hope we can build this class and be successful.
And this is what all the new excitement does to a person. You fall asleep hanging half way off the couch and have a loving husband that thinks it's funny to take a picture.
We also did a Thanksgiving morning class to showcase our new studio (Body Logic) for our Tuesday night classes. Crystal had rolled her ankle earlier in the week at our last Tuesday class in a small sweaty room because we were so tight and it was so hot in there. This new studio will be so nice for everyone to have their own space and not be so dang hot!
Heading out of November's High Fitness 80's month in style.
Ty brought home a picture of a cornucopia to color for a work team contest. She won. She couldn't believe it!

*~* Thanksgiving Day *~*
Another first...
Tyler was really nervous to get on our new roof to put up the Christmas lights. Being afraid of heights has seriously got to be so hard. I'm not terribly fond of heights but they don't bother me like they bother him. So, despite feeling awful, I got up on the roof and started putting up Christmas Lights.
It is nice to see my Grandparents being silly sometimes. I love them.
Another new thing... For the month of November Crystal had a great idea to collect items from our High Fitness participants for the Road Home that we could donate. It was a HUGE success! The back seat of the truck was also full plus Crystal had a bunch of stuff in her car as well!
Went to see Justice League and do a night out with Tisha and Mark. Shopping at Bath and Body and this is what the guys did the whole time. Good sports.
We went on a double with Michael and Lindsey Zoellner to The Front Archery Tag. It was too much fun! I accidentally hit Lindsey in the face, luckily we wore full faced helmets! We stopped at Gura's Spice House on our way home which was my first time eating Indian food and I really like it. They came to see our new house afterwards and we just talked and hung out. Love those two!
We ended the month with our annual Lawrence Sub-4-Santa for the Adoption Exchange and dinner. We did all our shopping on our own this year but brought all of the stuff to Tisha's to bag it all up and label it for our kids. This year we had 5 month old Giovanni. Brynlee is getting old enough to understand a little bit and help pick stuff out. I love doing this every year and thinking about our kid(s) on Christmas morning, knowing they get to wake up to gifts they otherwise may not have had.

The month was full of other activities like Parent Teacher Conference, Britt's bday party, Terrific Trio breakfast at Erica's new place and having an in depth talk about the Birds and Bees with Brynlee. That was fun but I'll spare the details here.
No comments:
Post a Comment